Friday, March 30, 2012

Now the Knees....

Monday, April 2nd, I will be going to a hospital in Stillwater to have my first knee replacement surgery!! Can't believe how fast the time has gone! I will get the left one done first.

Then, pray that I heal well and quickly and physical therapy goes well also, and I will get the right knee done in 6-8 weeks. I should be up and walking by the end of summer and ready to go back to work!

I am SO excited about the prospect of being able to walk again that I can't even dwell on the down side of the surgery...I'm keeping my eye on the prize! Walking without a cane for the first time in several years!!!!

I have been cleared through all of my doctors for this, and got a clean bill of health from my oncologist. I am rarin' to go!

Yesterday my granddaughter, Fiona turned two years old, and we Skyped with her on the phone. She's so cute! It was fun to have Tacy and the girls come and stay with us for over a week. Loved that! Our dog, Kiita, got lots of attention from Fiona. Now she is asking Mom for a dog. (Don't do it, Tacy - you have enough on your plate with the little girls to care for!)

Just want to say THANK YOU! to EVERYONE for your prayers and support.

Love to all,

Mary

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering how the visit went! I knew it went well but I was still wondering! ;) I hope that your knee surgery goes well! Enjoy General Conference tomorrow and Sunday if you can! :)

    ReplyDelete