Saturday, May 12, 2012

Hi All!

I was reminded by my sister, Helen, that my blog has been silent...so Helen, this is mostly for you. Keep an eye on your mail...I sent you a Mother's Day package. Thank YOU, Helen, for the card, and the poppy seeds! Will be planting them on Monday. Thanks so much! Love you! Teri, my oldest sister (I always have to remind her of that), also sent me a card for Mother's Day, and I thank you for that, Sis. I hope we will be able to get around to the gravesites on Memorial Day week to do the yearly cleaning, and leaving flowers in remembrance. It is a wonderful tradition you have begun, Teri, and it is so great that Tess and her daughters have joined in on it, too. It's astonishing how overgrown the stones get, especially the ones that lie flat on the ground. It is a good time to remember our departed loved ones as we do this small service. I have been doing quite well with my new knee. The old one is complaining about the added workload on some days, though. But I will soon remedy that with my next surgery on June 6th. Alergies have been far more bothersome than my knees as of late. Lots of sniffles, etc. I am very pleased that I can get out and about more now, and walk with far less trouble. I am even weaning myself off the cane, but some days the old right knee just can't get along without it. I suspect I will need it for a time after my next surgery, until my muscles get stronger. It is just exciting to imagine that one of these days, the cane will be a thing of the past. It has been a long time coming for this level of independence for me. Very exciting! Well, this is a short one, but I want to wish all of the wonderful women in my life, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY! Hope it's a day to be honored as Mothers, and a day to honor our own Mothers, living and dead. Love to All, Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment